Tuesday, October 2, 2012

DerbyCon 2.0

I must say, DerbyCon was great this year.  I missed it last year and had high expectations going into it based on what I heard and it was even better than I expected!

First off, checking in took about 30 seconds, seriously.  Also I could always get into any talk I wanted to get in and even find a seat.  The hotel seemed to like us and people hung out and drank and talked in the lobby all night and it was a ton of fun and very relaxed.

BurbonCon was great, it was like ChiSec, BurbSec, and BurbSec-West all came together in one place.  Really the only bad thing was I couldn't see everything I wanted to and the stable talks weren't recorded.  I wish I knew they weren't being recorded earlier on I would have gone to more of those, there were some really good ones I missed.

This was also my first time speaking at what I would consider a major conference.  I'll blog about my talk separate and not bore you about the content here.  But I think it went pretty well.  The audience got into it after about 10 minutes when I finally loosened up, I was pretty nervous in the beginning.  I got a lot of great questions that moved the talk along and proved how smart everyone in the audience was.  And I got some great feedback afterwords which made me feel pretty good.  Ryan Reynolds came up to me and told me how much he liked it and he gave one of my favorite talks this year at DEF CON, that really made my day.

All in all it was great.  Now I'm hitting http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/derbycon2/mainlist to watch some talks I missed.  Starting with Ben0xA's talk which was at the same time as mine, I heard it was good and really funny.   

No comments:

Post a Comment